Wednesday 8 June 2011

08.06.11

Once again a fair amount of time has managed to fly past; the weather has been beautiful and work wise it has been extremely busy!
I now am starting to feel that I am on my final stretch here in Vienna. Flights home have been booked and conversations keep arising with friends as to whom is staying, going, for how long etc.

Today Ellen Leanne and I had to present our Informal Market proposal for 7Km Odessa, to our group. We had come up with a design proposal and concept that was presented onto two A1 sheets and was based on separating public shopping and private servicing areas. The concept was clear and we had identified the problems that we were trying to resolve from the start; overall the review went well and we left feeling confident. There is work still to be done before presenting to Portsmouth University but overall I am hoping this medium scale design project will fit nicely into the portfolio.

After the review session I managed to finish off a sketch of the Otto Wagner Karlsplatz Pavilion. I was unlucky as there was a major thunder storm, so I had to take refuge in the adjacent pavilion to finish my sketch with a nice large beer. Overall it was a good day and I have my fingers crossed that all my reviews all go well!

A5 Sketch of the Otto Wagner Pavilion at Karlsplatz. (I will replace with a scan soon)

A5 Sketch of the Otto Wagner Sunflower Motif at Karlsplatz. (I will replace with a scan soon)