Thursday 30 June 2011

30.06.11

The last day of the month meant the start of farewells to some of the most amazing individuals I have met in Vienna over the past few months. The experience of the Erasmus exchange has taught me a lot. It made me realise how engrossed I had started to become in the things that were not important in life and it made me realise that you can live in a different way to what you are used to.
When you find yourself in a strange country and you immerse yourself into a new culture it takes a period of time to settle down and it seems that the moment you begin to feel rooted in a community and place; times change and people must move on. The Erasmus exchange was a period of time I will never forget. The time that I shared with my family here shall never be forgotten but we must all move on in our individual directions and into the future. I hope to see my Erasmus family again but with people from as far as Australia, Canada and America I know this will be difficult; we shall see and only time will tell!
Thank you to everybody that made Vienna such a special and joyous experience, have a safe journey home!