Sunday 24 April 2011

16 - 24.04.11

A longer trip than initially expected but it was amazing to be able to spend time with my fantastic family! We had a week skiing planned in Obergurgl in the Tirol of Austria. It is one of the highest resorts in Europe and was sure to have snow even this late in the season. I had taken the train from Wien to Innsbruck and met my family at Innsbruck airport where we took a connecting bus to the mountains.
The hotel was lovely, great food and stunning views. Unfortunately on the first day Mama fell quite ill while on the slopes, she was very brave and went through a very hard time over the holiday. I am so glad that I was able to spend the time with you and I hope that you return to full health as soon as possible.
Overall the surroundings, the town, the slopes and the people were fantastic; I would definitely recommend Obergurgl. The family returned home safely and even managed to get back to London quicker than it did for me to return to Wien, but I am happy that we all got back after a great time away together; and most importantly wishing Mama a quick recovery!