Friday 11 March 2011

11.03.11

This morning I met the BA2 group at the TU. Most of the group (including myself) had been up very late partying due to it having been their last night. I took the more subdued than usual group on a tour around the TU. I decided to show them just a few of the key aspects of the building including some of the departments. I had hoped to be able to take them to see the exhibition of student’s work which had been up the week before, but I was very disappointed when I found out that the studio rooms had all been locked up. We were lucky as one student had come to pick up her work and had borrowed the key from her tutor, so the group were able to see a few examples of some interesting models and drawings that had been left out. They were also able to grasp an understanding of the spaces and how the school was divided up.
I hope that they enjoyed the experience and were encouraged to maybe come and study here in the future!

I'm not sure what I am doing here, but I believe I am explaining something to the group

As it was the groups last day, Greg Bailey had chosen to take the group to see the Hunderwasser Apartments; here we sat down in the restaurant on the ground floor for lunch. After eating, the students presented Greg and Lynn with a beautiful book on Hunderwasser to show their appreciation for having had taken them to Vienna.
It was fantastic to see how much the students valued Greg and Lynn’s time and how grateful they were for taking them to such a wonderful city. Greg’s expertise and passion had obviously been soaked up by the students and from my perspective they all see Greg not only as a tutor but as a friend.
It was a pleasure to see this and I think that we all see and respect Greg not only as a tutor but as an amazing person and a valued friend. Thank you for your inspiration and for being a great individual. You have had an impact on all of us and nobody will forget it!

Greg and Lin Bailey with the BA2 Vienna study group outside the Hundderwasser Apartments